Sound Fixes Pack v 11.7
A mod that replaces stock sounds to be more immersive and realistic. Takes the simulation to a whole new level.
– New in version 11.7 –
1. FUEL / GAS STATION
Added “door close” sound effect for after refueling to a full tank
2. GAMEPLAY / UI
“No police siren sound” mod now no longer necessary because the police sirens are now muted by default.
To activate the police sirens, find the new “Enable police sirens” mod in the Options folder and enable it in the Mod Manager in higher priority than the main mod.
Minor fixes to sound formats
3. ENVIRONMENT / OTHER
Louder train and airplane sounds.
Improvements to the sound quality of the pattering of rain on the windshield.
There is also a new option to have frosty winter weather sounds (compatible with Frosty Winter Weather mod by grimes).
Retarder sound reworked. Now there is:
– less overpowering noise from the transmission whine
– more sound of the engine braking system in conjunction with the transmission whine
There is also a new option to replace the retarder sound with a Jacobs engine brake (recommended exclusively for American trucks).
Lift axle now has a button press sound when you activate it.
5. AI TRAFFIC
Updated, improved and changed horns for AI traffic trucks and buses.
6. TIRES / TYRES
Gravel sounds made compatible with truck mods with unique sound definitions.
– Features of this mod –
1. INTERIOR SOUNDS:
* Increased volume for interior stick sounds (e.g. releasing parking brake, blinker stick lever)
* Interior stick/switch sounds for: parking brake, hazard light switch, retarder stick, blinker stick and light switch (taken from real trucks)
* “Late music” replaced with Nokia phone ringtone sound. Note: Volume of this sound depends on Music volume in Audio settings in the game.
* Retarder sound changed to real retarder sound (with engine braking sound to complement)
* Driver Alert Support system sound installed on all trucks.
2. TIRES / TYRES:
* Real interior and exterior tire sounds. Tires will resonate in the cab depending on how fast you’re accelerating and what speed you are in, giving a feel for your sense of speed.
* Heavier gravel sounds when driving on dirt roads
3. ENVIRONMENT / MISCELLANEOUS SOUNDS:
* Wind will sound slightly faster from cabin when you drive at a high speed
* Pattering of rain on windshield audible inside the truck during heavy rain
* You can hear the slight sound of vehicles overtaking you or passing by you in the oncoming lane
* Trailer coupling sound made more realistic. You can hear the fifth wheel coupling and the connection of the trailer brakes straight after.
* Lift axle sound now has a button press sound effect and also has a fade out effect once the wheels are fully lifted or lowered.
* Louder train and airplane sounds.
* More variation and enhanced simulation of suspension sounds. In stock SCS you only get suspension for tires, but in this mod you get suspension sounds for cabin, trailers and tires
* Only hard impacts to the suspension will trigger the key swinging sound.
* Medium impacts will trigger the squeaking of the cabin.
* Light impacts will trigger speed bump suspension sounds or irregular road suspension sounds.
5. GAMEPLAY / UI:
* Reduced volume of garage door sound
* Reduced volume of adviser message sound
* “Bing bong” chime for train loading screen sound and ferry loading screen sound
6. COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS:
* Compatible with all trucks including mod trucks. Does not replace individual truck sounds.
* Can be enabled with other truck sound mods simultaneously.
* Compatible with all maps.
* Supports compatibility with Realistic Weather Sound 1.7.4 (provides realistic thunder and outside rain sounds). Both mods can be enabled at the same time.
7. GEAR GRINDING:
* Mix of stock amplified gear grinding sounds and new gear grinding sounds. Can be heard when you have abused the transmission and gearbox.
8. FUEL / GAS STATION
* Classic/historic ding while fuel is being added to the fuel tank of your truck.
* Real gas pump and fuel lid sounds and door close sound effect for after refueling to a full tank.
9. AI TRAFFIC
* AI traffic vehicles given new horn sounds. Depending on the patience of the driver, a short or long honk may be used.
* AI traffic trucks/buses given more variations of sounds (turbo, engines, gear changes)
– Options for the Sound Fixes Pack –
* Disable Driver Alert Support sound
* Enable police siren sound (activates police sirens when caught speeding)
* Frosty Winter Weather Sound addon
* Replace retarder with Jacobs (jake) brake
These can be found in the Options folder when you download the pack.
You must enable the option with higher priority than the Sound Fixes Pack for the sound to take effect!
– Installation –
Mod should have higher priority than mods with a game_data.sii file (e.g. map mods).
Otherwise, correct operation of pack not guaranteed.
– Credits –
* SCS Software for base sounds
* Drive Safely for pitch, reverberation and sound edits, some sound samples and compiling mod
* antonvezdehod, Ludmilla and Katixa/Irreo for some tire sounds
* Balamut for some key swing and light suspension sounds
* AlexeyP for some trailer coupling and fuel pump sounds
* Stewen for improved AI truck sounds
* nIGhT-SoN for raindrop definitions
Compatible for and tested on version 1.22.2.
No errors in game log.
Backwards compatible with 1.21.1.
SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Ludmilla, Katixa/Irreo, Balamut, AlexeyP, Stewen, nIGhT-SoN