4 new thunder sound effects added to the thunder sound array in addition to the default thunder sounds.
Reworked mixing of the thunder sounds:
– Implemented variable directionality so that the thunder sound does not always feel fully two-dimensional in the sound output.
– Implemented variable delay interval of the thunder sound for after the lightning flash, to convey the proximity of the storm.
– Implemented variable muffling to thunder sounds for varying intensity of the sound.
– Implemented subtle perceived thunder sound volume difference during nighttime.
Reworked the EMD SD40-2 locomotive engine sound. [ATS edition]
Slight increase in engine sound volume for some train locomotive prime movers. [ATS edition]
Minor sound adjustments to some AI traffic truck sounds. [ATS edition]
Compatibility patch for the upcoming version of Winter sounds. [ATS edition]
Reworked engine sounds for the 2010 Yutong City Master in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2023 Skoda Fabia Mk4 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
1 new horn sound added to the array for the 2020 Skoda Octavia Mk4 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Reworked 1 horn sound for the 2020 Skoda Octavia Mk4 in AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Yamaha Wolverine sound set is now the default sound set for car_atv_1.soundref. [ETS2 edition]
Some sounds applied to AI traffic vehicles in the International Traffic Pack Vanilla Edition by Elitesquad Modz. [ETS2 edition]
Removed sounds that were applied for unused reefer double trailers for AI traffic. [ETS2 edition]
Default log trailers in AI traffic now have nuanced trailer sounds when in motion.
Included idle sound for the default steam train sound set, in case of the steam train existing in the regular map.
Removed 1 sound effect from the default air brake rework sound array.
Reverted changes to the Christmas Winterland Event soundtrack back to default for the remainder of the event.
Ended 50% off Christmas sale for Sound Fixes Pack standalone air horns in the game’s Service Shops.
Revamped mod description and mod icon.
This mod has been bringing more immersion to common sounds in the game for over 8 years!
It packs a lot of sound content within one mod, making it great value within the 100 mod limit in Convoy multiplayer.
* ETS2 1.49.2 + ATS 1.49.3. No errors in game log. Must have high priority in Mod Manager.
* Does not replace individual player truck sounds, so this mod can be used with an unlimited amount of truck sound mods of your choice.
* Compatible with all maps and all trucks, including truck mods.
* Supported in single-player and multiplayer Convoy mode, and is marked as an optional mod in Convoy.
* If hosting a Convoy dedicated server with this mod, it is recommended to turn on “mods_optioning” to prevent mod version restrictions.
Requires higher priority in Mod Manager than:
– any map mods (e.g. ProMods)
– any AI traffic mods (e.g. traffic packs and traffic pack add-ons)
– any rain sound mods (unless proven to be compatible)
The mod features meticulously crafted sounds, covering the following:
– An extensive variety of suspension and truck and trailer tire bump sounds.
– Fuel / filling station sounds.
– Door close and seatbelt sounds after refueling.
– Train sound enhancements, including authentic sounds for several locomotives and railroad cars.
– Country/state specific railroad crossing bell sounds.
– More auditory detail in tire noise for all terrains: asphalt, gravel, grass, snow, and sleeper lines.
– Wet tire sound for the player’s truck tires when the asphalt roads are wet.
– Reworked tire screech sound effects.
– Nokia phone ringtone sound replacing the hurry up / late music, leading to less stress for the player.
– Default common sound reworks, such as improved default air brake sounds and a softer default reverse beep.
– AI traffic vehicle sound improvements, with engine and horn sounds uniquely set for specific vehicles.
– English UK/US voice navigation variants with speaker effect added and uncustomary phrases removed.
– Wind buffeting and rush of air sounds at high speeds only when the window is open.
– Additional environmental and ambient sounds, and tasteful changes to existing ambient sounds in the game world.
– Trailer coupling and trailer brace rotation sounds.
– Two standalone air horns.
– Softer mix for the Musical Road in American Truck Simulator’s Historic Route 66.
– Dynamic rain sounds, and an assortment of different thunder sounds with delay.
– The default wiper sound may now squeak only when the windshield is dry.
– Default gear grinding sound effect additions and improvements.
– Stronger reverb effects when under bridges and overpasses.
– (Optional) Reefer / refrigerated trailer sound functionality.
– (Optional – ATS only) Cop scouting reports via CB radio (enable in voice navigation options).
For further immersion, the mod may also include official paint colors for each AI traffic vehicle it modifies for sound, with rarer colors less likely to be seen.
* SCS Software for base sounds and for creating games open to modding
* Drive Safely for sound mixing and editing, some sound samples, and for compiling the mod
* antonvezdehod and Katixa for some high speed tire sounds
* Darkcaptain for a variety of rain sound samples
* Grinch for the Euro Truck Simulator 2 fallback railroad crossing bell sound
* Kriechbaum for blinker off stick sound and exhaust sounds from his Mack E6 engine sound mod
* Trayscapes for recordings of a Mack E6 truck
* Vasily EVR for some air brake sound samples
* Zeemod for a wind sound sample
OFFICIAL SCS FORUM LINK
The SCS Forum link below for the Sound Fixes Pack holds all official download links and is open to suggestions and questions about the mod:
If you like quick and easy automatic updates and a ‘safe mode’ to protect from incompatibility with future game updates, the Steam Workshop edition of the mod is highly recommended.
SCS Software, Drive Safely, antonvezdehod, Darkcaptain, Grinch, Kass, Katixa, Kriechbaum, Trayscapes, Vasily EVR, Zeemod