How to prevent AI drivers from using a specific truck/mod

Home Forums Mod creators discussion How to prevent AI drivers from using a specific truck/mod

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ultrabald
    Participant

Hi,

I got a few nice mods in my game and I noticed that AI drivers (I mean not MY drivers, all the others) were able to use some of them and I would like to prevent that.

For example, if you install the Kenworth K100, the AI drivers will use it. But that truck is really cheap so you got A LOT of K100’s driving on the road and it makes the game laggy. So I was wondering if there was a way to prevent AI drivers from using a mod. Which file should I modify in the .scs ?

I’m pretty much sure it is possible because there are mods AI just doesn’t use (ie Peterbilt 389), I just don’t know how.

Mona

Hallo gys.

Makkebakke

I’m not entirely sure, but I think something like this would be specified in a .SII file, most likely in /def/vehicle/truck/<the truck in question>.

Hope this helps.

Ultrabald
    Participant

Thx I’ll have a look at that file

Ultrabald
    Participant

Deleting the k100_traffic.sii file did the trick. Thank you Makkebakke !

Ipgaxx
    Participant

Can you do this on all truck mods? How do you do this, could you link to a guide showing it?

Jfix

To Ipgaxx to do that you need a file compression program like winrar, u can get it for free but there a lot out there, then if for example you wanted to delete the the traffic truck you just follow the logic of the file system (yes it takes intuitive work). But then again this is how other have made 100000tq mod for their favorite trucks; changing defined values.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.