Problem with ETS2 truck acceleration

Home Forums Help, questions Problem with ETS2 truck acceleration

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Igzy20
    Participant

Hello! Recently I bought new laptop (I7 processor, GT635M graphic card, 4 GB ram memory). I install ETS2 and all working good but I have one problem.

I don’t know how to explain, so sorry if you don’t understand what I mean.

When I play on my old laptop, I feel difference when I pull lighter or heavier load with my truck. With heavy load my truck accelerates slower and pulls harder.

On my new laptop I don’t feel that difference. My truck pulls all load almost same and no matter the weight it accelerate fast. I don’t have that sense of trailer weight, if you understand what I mean.

Is this becouse of laptop or is there any mod to fix that?

DarkXBlaze

Not sure what the problem is there unless your using a bigger engine in your truck? thats the only reason i can think of but if not then yeah there are a few mods that increase the weight of the loads.

Igzy20
    Participant

I use 460 HP engine. Same truck with same load on uphill: truck on my old laptop struggles to pull, and truck on my new laptop pull such it is on flat.

It’s same with or withouts any mods so mods are not the problem.

And thanks, DarkXBlaze, I will try mods which increase weight of the load.

DarkXBlaze

I’m thinking about tweaking some of jazzycats load mods if i can get a hold of him and releasing it with realist load amounts.

Jfix

I am thinking it has something to do with how your computer is “displaying” the physics rules of the program, ie the computer setup you have might not have compatability in the area of newtonian physics between program and computer.

DarkXBlaze

lol…what?

Igzy20
    Participant

Ok, I absolutely don’t understand any word what Jfix say. I never heard about compatibility of newtonian physics between computer and program. Can anybody tell me what the Hell that means? o.O

Jfix

LOL I thought this sight was full of nerds (no offence meant to anyone) I’m just saying maybe one of your newer computer’s components is beyond of different then the ETS2 program, so to verify or disprove it use a trailer mod and set the weight to something like 90000 ie 90t to see if you have a difference in acceleration or can feel the weight pushing your truck down a hill.

It’s not exactly the same but Haulin from scs the way it simulated trailer load was crappy, one was restricted to 15 mph and then the got fly like a rocket, didn’t matter what kind of power, so if you want a trans to climb hills with one’s first gear would have to go over 15mph or one would be crawling uphill, you make wonder if it is just a compatibility issue.

Jfix

Newtonian physics: things that we can observe gravity having an effect, non-newtonian fluid does not always behave like a fluid.
    How I meant here was GRAVITY. Maybe fps are the difference. Pick a set distance and time your truck loaded and loaded across the distance??

DarkXBlaze

well ive never had any problem with knowing if im pulling something heavy or not. i been trying to test to see the max you can pull without problem(in-game). seems to be around 110T in most cases.

Jfix

warp 1.00 original game speed in command line you can change this, but if you go to far over the domain (1) it will crash.

In response to weight, 110t seems to be the bearable limit for me as well, at that weight the spring rate vs allowed travel can barely take the strain. Although for giggles I’ve pulled a trailer weighing at 300t, never thought I would finish the run LOL.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.