cattle trailer problem with cows

Home Forums Help, questions cattle trailer problem with cows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ianwigan

hi can anyone help please i have the cattle trailer from the latest trailer and cargo pack i went to pick up the trailer from swansea in uk enroute for dresden in germany when i picked the trailer up all the cows on top row and bottom row were securly inside the trailer. how ever i then proceded to harwich or felixstown and embarked on the ferry when i then traveld about 20km down the road in holland my truck came to a sudden halt under a bridge when i checked the left side mirror being my volvo fh16 is uk right hand drive i see some unfortunate cow had stuck its head through the side of the cattle trailer thus when i went under the bridge at 30mph the cows head hit the concrete support and no amount of reverse helped as the cow persisted to have its head outside my trailer like i say it was fine in uk but once in europe this happend and i had to abandone my load which i lost £50.000 has this happend to anyone else with the cattle trailer?

Ianwigan

ive just had the same problem tonight but it was at a border control point going into poland from north germanay hauling the same trailer with cows and the cow again stuck its head through the side of trailer on botton deck i proceded to pull out of the toll booth and the barrier came down and the cows head was firmly stuck bettween barrier and the toll booth i tried to reverse and tryd lowest forward gear to get free but its head stuck firm i might add it was a cow at rear of trailer as i checked with the outside cam. again i had to call for rescue to next garage i wonder if anyone else as experienced this problem with the cows in the cattle trailer. im dreding taking a pig trailer out of denmark for fear of the pigs doing the same and cauusing me a stink any suggestions or help guys ian

Ianwigan

its not fair when i had driven all the way down from glassgow to the ferry and then into germany i lost a wage of £55.000 for this and was looking forwards to buying a new truck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.